RESOURCES and information from Veterans Affairs regarding #HURRICANEHARVEY:
From Secretary of Veterans Affairs Dr. David J. Shulkin (@SecShulkin): Despite the devastation caused by #HurricaneHarvey and the flooding in Houston, we continue to care for #Veterans: Read more here on the VA Blog. The Houston VA continues to publish updates on its website: www.houston.va.gov.
VACO has published four blogs on the VA website:
- Alternate VA Medical Centers and clinics if your facility is closed or inaccessible
- VA continues to provide benefits and services in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey
- VA team in Arkansas takes the call supporting Hurricane Harvey response
- Responding to the needs of Veterans affected by Hurricane Harvey
Updates on Facilities and Support:
- Find alternate VA Medical Centers and clinics if your facility is closed or inaccessible at http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/40590/alternate-va-medical-centers-clinics-facility-closed-inaccessible.
- Thank you to the drivers who delivered much needed food to @VAHouston and to all our volunteers and staff caring for almost 400 patients.
- The VA is ready to provide Federal Medical Station support to @HHSGov & provide healthcare to #HurricaneHarvey survivors
Other Key Updates:
- Arkansans offer Texans hand after coast devastated by storm http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/aug/28/arkansans-offer-texans-hand-20170828/ via @ArkansasOnline #HurricaneHarvey
- In DC and Texas @DeptVetAffairs is assisting in the federal government response to the devastation caused by #Harvey https://www.houston.va.gov/emergency/index.asp
- Our @VAHouston team is sheltered in place to care for our Veterans. For info on #HurricaneHarvey impact, visit https://www.houston.va.gov/
- Our @deptvetaffairs teams are standing by to respond to Hurricane Harvey. More on the federal response at https://www.usa.gov/hurricane-harvey
- From Valley Costal Bend (@VCBHCS): We are open at the Corpus Christi Specialty Clinic today #southtexas #Veterans #coastalbend #hurricaneharvey
- VATVCBHCS to reopen Corpus Christi Specialty Clinic tomorrow, Aug 29, 2017. Outpatient Clinic to remain closed https://www.texasvalley.va.gov/emergency/index.asp
- VA closing clinics in Corpus Christi due to Hurricane Harvey http://www.kristv.com/story/36217464/va-closing-clinics-in-corpus-christi-due-to-hurricane-harvey
- Our Mobile Medical Unit is loaded and ready for deployment to Corpus Christi after Hurricane #Harvey #southtexas
- VATVCBHCS announces the closure of its Corpus Christi Outpatient and Specialty Clinics for Friday, Aug. 25, and Monday, Aug. 29 #HARVEY
- VATVCBHCS has activated the Pharmacy Disaster Relief Plan in response to Hurricane #Harvey.
- Thanks to the drivers who delivered food & to our dedicated volunteers & staff caring for our Veterans! #HoustonStrong #HonoringVeterans
- All VA Outpatient Clinics closed Tuesday and Wednesday, except for Lufkin, which is open. http://www.houston.va.gov
- Houston VAMC open w/sufficient staff to manage patient care. ALL VA Outpatient Clinics closed Mon/Tue except Lufkin, which is open.
- Please be sure to check back for our operating status. Stay Safe! https://www.houston.va.gov/emergency/index.asp … #HurricaneHarvey
- Metropolitan Multi-Service Center will only be open for sheltering Aug. 28-29th.
- Veterans helping Veterans! Our Energy Control Team of Facilities Management Service working through #HurricaneHarvey
- Update! Please be sure to check back for our operating status. Stay Safe! #HurricaneHarvey http://www.houston.va.gov
- Roads around Med Center are impassable. For your own safety, please follow guidance of local authorities. Dial 911 for medical emergencies.
- Our staff, like these in the Nursing Operations Room, working round the clock to ensure we stay up & running for #Veterans during #Harvey.
- VA Outpatient Clinics in KATY, RICHMOND, GALVESTON, TEXAS CITY & LAKE JACKSON will be closed Mon August 28th http://www.houston.va.gov
- The VA Outpatient Clinics in GALVESTON, TEXAS CITY & LAKE JACKSON are closed today. We’ll keep you updated as the storm approaches. Be safe!
- We will tweet info if Tropical Storm Harvey impacts our operations. Need to reschedule appt? 713-794-8985. Be safe!
For more information: